Based in Shizuoka, Japan / 静岡県
Press / Business Contact:
I make the games I want to play. Hopefully others will enjoy them, too.
ektomarch started with the initial development of Subbania, a black and white horror-themed metroidvania, in August of 2010. Aerannis followed this project. It was a sci-fi action game heavily inspired by the increasingly divisive political climate in America.Recent
KO Mech and The Black Hand are ektomarch's current projects. KO Mech is an explosive action game heavily inspired by Bangai-O. The Black Hand is a stealth game with mechanics based on possessing and taking control of enemies.
KO Mech YouTube
Aerannis Preview YouTube
Subbania Launch Trailer YouTube
There are far more images available for ektomarch, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Aerannis is a beautiful, diverse metroidvania with solid mechanics mixed in with some tin-foil hat madness, and regardless of your political views you should give it a shot; you might just enjoy it, I know I did."
- Jed Whitaker, Destructoid
- "Aquatic webgame Subbania is Das Boot reimagined as a Metroidvania"
- Tom Sykes, PC Gamer
- "Sunken Treasure - Subbania goes deep and brings up gold."
- , The Gameological Society
- "Subbania – An Awesome HTML5 Nazi Shooter"
- , 3GodKings
- "Subbania is an HTML5-based battle between a Nazi submarine and Hell's sea monsters"
- , Polygon
- "Nazis In A Submarine Fighting Demons, Subbania Is Your Weird Game Of The Week"
- , Kotaku Australia
- "MACRODEPRESSION CAPTURES THE FEELING OF BEING TRAPPED BETWEEN FOUR WALLS"
- , Kill Screen
- "Indie Rock: ENTER THE VAPORWAVE (PapsiManlet)"
- , The Average Gamer
Team & Repeating Collaborators